January 26, 2010

Can't stop thinking about invitations!



Well, the workshop at Paper Source has made me invitation crazy!  It was a great class!  We were able to assemble four different invitations and learn techniques like heat embossing (everyone's fave), stamping, how to use an exacto knife, and how to use eyelets.  It made the idea of diy invites much more enticing, especially since plain cardstock is so cheap!  I mean, four is much, much less than 100, don't get me wrong.  But as some of my lovely friends have already offered to help, I think this could really work!


So now I'm obsessed.  I don't know exactly what style I want, so I'm going to rely on one of my editor friends to help with that.  But I really want to do the heat embossing!  So now I'm scouring Etsy for rubber stamps.  Here are some of my faves:


(all three images above from Cupcake Tree's Etsy shop)



(source: lovetocreatestamps Etsy shop)

No comments:

Post a Comment