December 7, 2009

I've got my list and I'm checking it twice

How is it that the number of people in your life seems so small until you have to actually list each person?  We went into our wedding planning blitz with a rough list of about 180 people...about 100 of which were my family and friends.  But now that we have already made a decision of where to have our celebration, we've firmed up the list.  We're now around 230 invites.  I know everyone says that 20% won't be able to make it, but is that realisitc when the majority of the people live within 20 miles?  

That said, I'm not too concerned about having gone up so much in number.  The maximum number of people that can fit in the reception hall is 230, so we're ok.  For now.  Unfortunately the chapel will only fit 150 people.  Has any one else encountered this problem? 

1 comment:

  1. I am really good about keeping in touch with folks, which, as it turns out, is a bit of a disadvantage when it comes to planning a wedding. We're trying to keep it to around 200 people, but I'm at the point where it's very difficult to cut anyone! I have the same situation where the bulk of these people live in my hometown, so you can be pretty sure they will show up. I guess it's a great problem to have, until you get the bill!

    ReplyDelete